Glen A. Ross CPA, CVA
Glen graduated from Long Island University-CW Post Campus in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science Degree. He received his CPA designation-New YorkState licensure in 1998 and received his Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation in 2003.
Mr. Ross is a member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the National Conference of Certified Public Accounting Practitioners and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
Glen worked for the CPA firm of Ross & Ross, CPA since 1992 and became a Partner of said firm in 1998. In 2005, the firm changed names to Ross & Company CPA, PLLC. He has been active in fundraising for L.I. Cares, an organization dedicated to fighting hunger on Long Island, and has fed thousands of people over the past few years. In 1999, Mr. Ross founded an online interactive advertising company. He acted as President and CEO of the company until it was sold in 2001. Also since 2001, Mr. Ross has been a member of the Executive Advisory Board of AccountStreet. This company provides specialized services to the accounting industry and CPAs.
In 2003 and 2004 Mr. Ross lectured on business valuations. His course, Understanding & Using Business Valuations, is approved for both CPE and CLE credit.
Mr. Ross has specialized knowledge and experience in the following industries and areas:
· Valuations of various entities and professional licenses including litigation support services.
· Forensic accounting in the determination of fraud and true economic value.
· Vast experience in taxation, tax planning and management advisory services for small, closely held businesses, new start-ups and going concern entities.
· Financial statement presentation and support.
· Computer consulting and integrated systems analysis.
Mr. Ross has worked on many major projects over the years including, but not limited to:
· Conducted and/or assisted in over 180 valuation engagements consisting of: Matrimonial disputes of closely held businesses, valuations of professional licenses, valuations of closely held businesses for estate taxes, gifting, buy/sell agreements and ESOPs.
· Mr. Ross was a Beta tester for “ValueSource Pro 2003” from John Wiley & Sons. This program is the leading valuation and financial analysis software in the country.
· Mr. Ross has prepared and/or analyzed financial statement projections and related analysis for start-up organizations and/or going concern entities.
· Mr. Ross has performed and/or assisted in certified audits for closely held businesses since 1991, totaling in excess of 95 audits.